Thursday, November 21, 2013

The sentiment of the Hometown Water painting series


One customer recently bought two of my Hometown Water painting series.  She traveled in China during the 90s, and my paintings brought back some good memories for her.  I am just glad that my sentiment behind creating this painting series is not just unique to me, but it can also vibrate on someone else's emotional string.  Here is the poem which shows the emotional impulse behind my Hometown water painting series  

 

                                   Hometown Water by JJ


                                                  
I drank it
It is my mother’s milk
Nourishing and vital
 
I bathed in it
It is my lover’s tear
Bitter yet sweet
 
I painted with it
It is my blood
Vibrant and luminous
 
I sang of it
The lyric was nostalgic
The melody melancholy
 
I dreamed of it
In it I saw a face of a child
Transparent and pure
I reach to embrace it
 So close, but too far…
 

1 comment:

  1. Very lovely. Thank you for sharing your deepest feelings with us in such a lyrical, well crafted poem.

    ReplyDelete